Wednesday, April 7, 2004

My garden is starting to bloom...I have blue grape hyacinths, bright yellow crocuses, and darling little bright yellow miniature daffodills, just a couple of inches high...I got a book for Michigan gardens, that breaks the year down week by week, telling you what you can do for your garden, and for your houseplants through out the year. It sounds as if I can start planting the dormant vines and perrenniels for my father at any time, as they are all very hardy. Perhaps I can get started this weekend, Easter weekend, as I have Friday and Saturday off, and am working midnights on Sunday, so will have plenty of time. Hopefully the weather will cooperate...

It's so nice having the children home. I am so glad I can see them every day this week! Stevie keeps coming up to me to get hugs...

The moon has been so bright the last three nights, and the sky so clear (and cold) that it has been hard to sleep. Its amazing how bright the moon has been, like a spotlight in the sky. If it is this clear on Thursday night, when my workweek is over, I will try to set up our telescope so I can look at the moon...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Kurtis Jenkins and I live 35 miles east of Knoxville Tennessee, in Dandridge. The Birth Place of Dorthy Dandridge. The 'wife' of Gorge Washington, the Father of Our country. She hasn't been around in awhile, so I thought, I would write you a line or two insted. I Have the same things comming up in my yard as you do, and I'm thrilled.     Before I go any ferther, since you are on AOL, you can check me out, and my Journal that I started March 9th 2004. I think all you have to do is type in the surch box THIS.....  " In The Land Of Winje "  I'M  Not trying to hook up, or any of that Crap that go's on here. All I would like to do is have a pen pal to talk about our gardens. Nothing Else. Would you be interested?  If you get to my Journal, just leave a comment and if you can't find it, write me at:  winje@aol.com and I will send you the link. This could be neat.