Friday, April 16, 2004

Got about three hours of sleep last night before heading out this morning for Pontiac and the Oakland County Courthouse. Luckily, Dan was willing to take the morning off, and drove, as I was pretty out of it. Unfortunately, the will I remember my parents making is not on file at the courthouse. The probate court clerks told me that it is pretty common for people of thier generation (Depression kids) to not want to pay the extra money to get a will filed with the county, and that they usually just leave a copy with the lawyer. Since I was only about ten when it was done, and have no idea who the lawyer was, other than his office was in Rochester, and the only people who might know in our family are both dead, there probably is no point in pursuing the will any any further. So, in order to save the money to file the thing, my parents basicly wasted their money in having it done at all. Sometimes being cheap ends up costing more money than in doing things correctly i nthe first place. (rolls eyes).

At least I got breakfast at a bagel shop out of it.

Poor Steven's allergies are really acting up today. His poor beloved face is all swollen up, and his beautiful green eyes are swollen nearly shut. Its the pollen...he really shouldn't be playing soccer and spending so much time outside, but have you ever tried to tell his father anything? :(

Had a good long talk with my friend in New Mexico today. I am looking even more forward to going out there now, if possible. (grins) It will be wonderful.

No comments: