Wednesday, May 16, 2007

dental issues

With Bill home from school, it was time to get him caught up with his medical and dental care.

The first Monday he was home he got to go in for a medical checkup - and he is fine.

And then he got to go in for a dental checkup. And he needs all four wisdom teeth out! Thank God for the new dental insurance - but even so, it will cost hundreds of dollars for our part of the payment - another huge expense we were not expecting and had not budgeted for!

It is just as well I am not going to Elohimfest this year with the rest of my friends. I could not stand the thought of having to see Mr. Grinch there - and I had promised myself to do the best I could to stay away from him in every possible way after I had to dump him the second time for being so horrid to me. It is just too stressful and too awful to be around him, given the things he has said and done. Perhaps if he had ever tried to apologize, or show the least bit of remorse or regret, but... Which is why I have left Kevin's Watch, and why my membership at Ahira's Hangar hangs by a very slim thread. I just cannot stand to be around someone whom I cannot trust, who has treated me abominably and does not care about it, and who will not leave me alone even though he has been dumped twice (and both times for very good reasons). I did try to work things out with him for a year in between the dumpings, and all he did for that year was blow me off, insult me, give me one lame ass excuse after another, and lie - and just say one bizarre and weird thing after another to the point where I wondered about both my sanity and his. Hell, I tried briefly again last fall and winter, and all he did was try to pick fights with me, and react bizarrely to things I would say that had nothing whatsoever to do with him (sometimes someone being excited about being able to see Royal Shakespeare just means that they are excited to be able to see Royal Shakespeare and has nothing to do with another person's local theater company, etc. etc.). But even if I were free to go to Elohimfest - I think I would have to cancel the trip to Albuquerque, given all of these unexpected huge expenses we have been running into lately.

Ah well. It is probably time for me to take a long break from that situation, which is a shame given how strongly I love so many of the people and friends at the Watch and the Hangar.

I should have left 2 1/2 years ago, when the trouble with Mr. Grinch started...

When I get home from work, I will talk about the concert, Mother's day, and the garden, and that will cheer me up from my thoughts of the Grinchmeister.

No comments: