Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Well, Bill is feeling better today and is back in school. Dan is at work, and feeling better (though he had the lightest case). I woke up shivering with cold, and realized my fever had broken, and while I feel a bit shakey, I am planning on going back to work today. But Steven is still running a low grade fever and having a bad headache. I will give him today, and if he's not feeling better tomorrow, it will be the doctor's office for him.

While I was sick, I have been reading in between naps (Dan kept popping his head into my room to check on me last night, and he said about 75% of the time I was dozing with a book open on my chest). I finished up Smith's #1 Ladies' Detective Agency books, except for the last one (last time I checked it was only out in hardcover, so I probably won't read In the Company of Cheerful Ladies until its either out in paperback or I find it in the library). I have also been reading more of Patrick O'Brian's Napoleanic War naval series featuring Capt. Aubrey and Dr. Maturin. I am nearly done with the eighth book now (out of twenty -- maybe I'll get done with that series by the time I am fifty, maybe not). Dan and I also watched three more episodes of Band of Brothers, though the chapter set in the Ardenne forest, with heavy fighting in frigid winter conditions, and starring the medics, made Dan feel rather sick. Perhaps a bit too realistic for him...but this miniseries continues to be the best thing I have ever seen that was made for television (but its certainly not something little kids should watch).

No comments: