Monday, August 22, 2005

Well, back to work today. Tummy is still bothering me, and one of my friends told me her kids have been throwing up the last couple of days, so there must be something going around. Yuck!

Tomorrow I get to go back to the photographer's and order Bill's senior pictures. It'll be costly, but worth it. The proofs are great!

Wednesday the kids will be back in school. It'll be a half day, and Thursday will be their first full day. Hard to believe my big son will be a high school senior. I have friends and co-workers who can remember me waddling around , hugely pregnant with him!

So on Thursday and Friday I think I will watch movies to celebrate having a bit of time and privacy for myself. I should do laundry, but I think I will watch Band of Brothers instead. I have been catching bits of it on the History Channel (cannot afford any "special" channels like HBO) and was lucky enough to catch an entire episode last Sunday night, my last night of vacation. I have been so impressed I actually ordered it (expensive as it is -- though I did find it on sale at a website) and I hope it will come in time for me to watch it later this week. It is what television could be and should be, but so rarely is. There is violence and cussing in it though (it is a very realistic depiction of war) so its not probably appropriate for kids under high school age. Hence I will wait until the kids are back in school to watch it.

I've been a bit down lately. A friend's father is desperately and rather suddenly ill with cancer, and it doesn't sound good at all for him. She helped take care of me (making sure I was eating, etc.) when my father passed, and I am horribly afraid her father will pass soon, too.

No comments: