Friday, August 19, 2005

Long, sort of weird day today. Took the Jeep in for its oil change, and that was fine. Dan came and got me to go out for lunch, and that was fine. Then the kids called our cells  to tell us that the power was out at home, and what should they do? So after eating, we headed home to hook up the generator. The power was out for a rather widespread area (and with no reason, as there were no storms in the area), and Dan had to drive about five miles to find an open gas station with power. So we got the generator going to run the fridge, then had to head back to pick up the Jeep. In the meantime, the Chinese food I had eaten at lunch was not agreeing with me, so when I got home with my Jeep, I lay down.

When Dan got home from work, thankfully the power came back on, and we got into the Jeep with Steven and drove up to Montrose so he could weigh in for a big wrestling tournament they're having up there tomorrow as part of the their big blueberry festival. There was a lot of construction on the freeway, and the drive up there stank.

After he weighed in, we headed up to Frankenmuth/Birch Run, a couple of exits north, through another construction zone. We ate dinner up there in a restaurant by the huge outlet mall. That food, rather plain pasta, doesn't seem agree with me, either, so maybe I haven't quite beaten this tummy bug yet.

Then the drive home, again through creepy construction zones, in the dark.

Tomorrow we will get up and drive up there early, in part to make sure Steven doesn't miss any of his matches, and in part to beat the horrible storms that are supposed to be moving through tomorrow. Since we'll probably be in Montrose for at least a couple of hours before Steven will have his first match, Dan wants me to go shopping -- but I'm not much of a shopper, other than books, and there are no bookstores in the huge outlet mall. Maybe I can find him some Christmas presents at the power tool outlet.

No comments: