Saturday, August 27, 2005

Another busy day. It rained very hard this morning, so I did stay in bed for awhile and just listened to the rain coming down. It was very restful!  I then did some housework (laundry  never ends).

This afternoon when the rain was winding down, the kids and I went to the farmer's market, then went and got the rest of their school supplies. I snuck in a couple more episodes of Highlander  when I got home, and then the rain completely stopped.

It was late afternoon, and I went out and planted a couple hundred spring flowering bulbs. Tulips, daffodills, grape hyacinths, crocuses, and squills. We even managed to find some black tulips, which is very cool, because black and red are our high school colors. It was nice planting flowers because the rain had made the ground all soft. I stayed out until the mosquitos got too bad, then came in and showered. Just a thousand or so more bulbs and roots to go!  I am trying to plant in one fall what might  otherwise take me five years or more to plant. But if Bill does change his mind about having a graduation party, the yard will be pretty. If not -- the yard will still be pretty.

No comments: