Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Back to work, and it was busy. Every bed was full, the ER was spilling over, and we were sending some of the ER patients who needed to be hospitalized to other hospitals on ambulances.  What a way to go back after more than two weeks away.

I had a productive day before going to work, too. I scrubbed down the kids' bathroom, floor to ceiling. I was tired of it being grungy. And I boxed up a couple of boxes of books and dropped them off as donations to the library. And I had an appointment with the photographer to pick up the proofs of Billy's senior pictures. They turned out great, and though I know Dan will fuss when he sees how expensive a professional photographer is, to me it is well worth the once in a lifetime expense (well, twice in a lifetime, as we have two children ).

I will have to point out that since Bill has made it very plain that he does not want the traditional open house, the saved money from not having to rent a tent and table and chairs and all of that will probably come close to paying for the pictures.

But I will still be planting hundreds of flower bulbs this fall just in case he changes his mind about the party, so the yard will look gorgeous come late spring/early summer.

No comments: