Thursday, May 12, 2005

Well, Monday I got sick. Bill had been home one day last week with a tummy bug, and I think I got it from him (though I might have picked it up at work). Fever, nausea, throwing up, the other end acting up, too. Yuck. Things were made worse by a book I tried to read. A lot of people had recommended the book to me, saying it was creative and unusual. So I picked up a copy awhile ago, and thought to start it since I was home from work. About two (maybe three chapters in) there was a sex scene between a man and a great big bug. Blech. I threw the book across the room! Not what you need to think about when you are sick to your stomach!!  If anyone wants an anti-recomendation (at least for when you are running a fever and feeling sick to your stomach to begin with), that would be China Mieville's Perdido Street Station. Blech.

So, Tuesday I was starting to feel better (made it into work), but Dan had the tummy thing and Bill was sick with a sore throat and fever.

Not a good start to the week, eh?

Today Dan and I got the bills paid, then I ran into town to take care of some errands. Bill was still home sick. Poor kid has a really sore throat -- if its not better tomorrow morning, I will be calling the doctor.

Then I got some good news this afternoon before work, which redeemed this week. One of my poems is going to be published in a book! A life time dream will be coming true for me! Dan agreed to go out for a nice dinner with me on Friday to celebrate.   

No comments: