Friday, May 20, 2005

Bought some annuals and herbs today. Will have a lot of fun planting them tomorrow. . I got spearmint and orange mint to try out, and I think we can pick our first strawberries tomorrow, too!

We went out to dinner for sandwiches at our favorite diner tonight, then went to see Star Wars. Episode 3 is much better than Episode 1, and infinately better than the painfully bad Espisode 2. Natalie Portman's acting still stinks, but she isn't in many scenes, so its not so painful watching her. The book was better, but I usually think that.

Last night I ordered a lot of tickets to start organizing our summer. I got tickets to a Tigers game in June, to a Pink Floyd Laser Light Spectactular at the Toledo Zoo in July, and to the Green Day concert at the Palace early next fall. Hopefully the weather will cooperate for the first two. It was hard trying to schedule things around work, vacations, Bill's  school trip to Europe, and the kids' wrestling camps. I would have really liked to get tickets to the U2 concert -- they are one of my all-time favorite bands, but both shows in the Detroit area were nearly instant sell-outs. I might try to get tickets to the Rolling Stones concert when they go on sale tomorrow, but I expect that one will also be a very quick sell-out...

Tomorrow -- fun with dirt and seeds and baby plants!!!

No comments: