Friday, May 13, 2005

Thankfully, Billy felt better today and was back in school. We've been getting advertisements from local photographers everyday for his senior pictures, so I guess I will have to call around and get some prices soon. That might be a good thing to do after I wake up in the morning, in fact.

Today I went to two different nursuries before work looking for raspberry plants. Neither one had any. There is one more nursery near the house that I can check, and I was told about a huge one near Metro Airport that I can get to rather easily if I cut across country through New Boston. I might try those tomorrow, depending on the weather (its supposed to storm rather nastily most of the weekend).

At work tonight I bought everyone dinner to celebrate my poem being accepted for the book. After work a few of us got together at the new home of a girl who works with us (she was off tonight). Her new house is on a side road off of the road I live on, just a few miles away. Nearly a neighbor now. We sat around drinking pop and eating pretzels and giggling until 3AM. Her new home is beautiful, and we all hope to go back and see it in the daytime, so we can see the stream running through the back yard (there are reportedly beavers in it). It was fun, but sitting out on the deck while the guys smoked their cigars was chilly. The girl gave me a blanket to wrap around myself, which helped greatly.

No comments: