Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Just got home from work...lovely cloudless night for a nice change. The big full moon shone down, was gorgeous.

Read The Great Gatsby over the weekend, a classic I have never read before. The back of the book said it was the novel of Jazz age America, but I think it is a story that can be told of any time and any place where people have too much time and too much money, and not enough caring about other people (other than as celebrities, of course). Was a beautifully written little novel.

Kids are back in school. I have a long list of school supplies to go purchase tomorrow. I will try to get everything at Target, but might have to hunt around for a spiral notebook of graph paper for Bill's math classes...he has pre-calculus and also trigonometry, both for all year...as far as that goes, he can probably also use graph paper for chemistry...

Must force myself to pay bills soon, I always find that to be so dreary...but at least I have a four day weekend coming up.

The soccer game on Saturday was fun. The jv teams tied 1-1 and were very evenly matched. It had stormed heavily all night, (in fact, the thunder kept me awake most of that night) and the field was very wet. At one point Bill made a slide tackle and slid along the ground on his butt, causing a wake of water. He looked like he was on a slip-n-slide!!!!! Hilarious!!!

No comments: