Monday, August 23, 2004

 Today is going to be a very long day...

I am working second shift. I will get home around 12:30AM, then turn around and take Dan into Ann Arbor for his MRI, which is scheduled for 2AM. We will be there who knows how long. At some point I will have to get home and make sure the kids get on the school bus for the first day of school. The bus comes before 7AM. If Dan was not able to come home with me, at that point I will go back and get him. I can try to get a couple of hours sleep then, but its a half day of school, and Steven will be home on the bus sometime in the morning. I then immedicately must get himself and me (and Dan if he is awake enough) into the Jeep and head down into town to see Bill's soccer game which is right after school, then bring him home after the game. By the time the game is over, it would be about time to get ready for work...

I have requested tomorrow off from work, as I do not function on a couple of hours of sleep, and I should not be making iv's for real live human patients, but the supervisors have not yet approved it. I will call in sick if need be, as I do not want to be making any errors that can hurt a patient, and that is possible with the serious lack of sleep...

I suppose after getting home from the soccer game,  I will collapse...

No comments: