Monday, August 9, 2004

After being unwell all weekend, I am feeling a little better today, though, of course, it is a workday. Have to take the kids in for school registration this week -- the summer has been much too short!!  Next summer's will feel even shorter, I am sure, with Bill going off to Europe for a class trip for a couple of weeks...

A couple of movies I watched over the weekend:

Hidalgo was the story of a cowboy and his mustang (the horse's name is Hidalgo) who find themselves competing in a 3000 mile long endurance race through the Middle East. Somehow this movie just didn't do it for me. It was a gorgeous historical piece in a stunning setting, but the movie just lacked soemthing, and I can't even put my finger on what...but Viggo is always worth watching.

 

X-Men 1.5 was a pretty good comic book adaptation. The last three comic book adaptations I have seen (this movie, Spidermanand Daredevil ) have all been pretty good, so I am starting to wonder why I assume most of this sort of movie are poorly done? Perhaps because of all of those awful Batman  and Superman  sequels? Anyway, this movie was well done, with good performances in particular from Patrick Steward (of course) and the guy who played Wolverine. And a plot that did make sense, decent special effects...

13 Going on 30 was a delight. Very very cute. Jennifer Garner was completely charming, and is a gifted comedienne. Told the story of a girl whose birthday wishes come true, and that, of course, what you wish for might not be all that good of a thing.

No comments: