Saturday, September 22, 2007

Tigers game tonight

This morning was certainly NOT festive, as I threw up my breakfast before I even finished eating it. Yuck. Thank God Dan and Steven were not home to fuss over me. My stomach feels better now, so I am going to try to go upstairs and eat a very light lunch, and take my medicine.

And then I am going to take a nap. My period started yesterday, and I am very tired and achy and crampy. So I will go to sleep with a good comfort book.

Tonight we will head to Detroit for a good dinner (which will hopefully stay down) and a Tigers game. Kenny Rogers will be the starting pitcher! YAY!!! WOO HOO!!!

Read a book between naps and fits of housekeeping yesterday. It is called Hounding the Moon and is a fantasy debut novel by P. R. Frost. Best selling fantasy novelist and young widow Tess Noncoire has a second secret identity as a warrior for an order that specializes in protecting the Earth from demons. She is life bonded to a sarcastic and farty runty little imp named Scrap. It was more than over the top occasionally, but it was still good enough that I will be glad to read future work from this new author. I especially like how she managed to weave in Native American legends into the story.

No comments: