Monday, September 3, 2007

the last few days

Bill did not come home for the weekend. I think he is off with his friends from college having fun, so that is fine, though I do miss him! But Parent's Weekend will be coming up later this month, so I will be able to see him then.

On Friday Steven had a soccer game in Monroe. Dan and I followed the directions on the high school web site, and the directions took us to St. Mary's Catholic Central - but the soccer field is not at the school, as the school is in the middle of the city of Monroe, and there is no room for a field there. So Dan and I drove around Monroe for nearly three hours before giving up and coming home. When Steven finally got back, we asked him where the field was, and he said it was out in the country in the middle of nowhere, and was very hard for even the bus driver to find.

So that was frustrating, but...at least we tried. Took Steven out for dinner after he got back, so hopefully that made up for it a little bit.

On Saturday I took Steven school shopping. We got him some clothes, a backpack, and basic school supplies like pencils.

Yesterday I worked, and will also work today. This is one of my major holidays to work this year.

Weirdness happened last week at work, and I still do not really comprehend what happened. A few weeks ago a shirt vanished from my locker. At the time, I felt a bit violated and annoyed that someone had gone into my locker and helped themselves. I put in an email to my department asking that the shirt be returned to my locker, no questions asked or identities needed. Well, on Thursday night, a MALE friend and coworker of more than ten years admitted he had my shirt. Needless to say, I find it more than a bit creepy, and I am still in shock and have no idea of what to think or do about it.

No comments: