Thursday, September 14, 2006

sick

Steven and I are both sick from our ragweed allergies. He has now had to use his albuterol rescue inhaler three of the last four days. My throat is raw as can be, and I have been running a fever for two days (I do not know why, but whenever my allergies get bad, I run a low grade fever ). Last night I only made it through half of my shift. Tonight I made it all the way through. I am feeling a bit better today - my nose is nice  and runny, so my sinuses are not blocked and there is not all of that drainage going down my throat to get my asthma going.

And now the wonderful (NOT!!!) aroma of skunk is starting to come in through the window. YUCK! You know it is bad if I can smell it with these allergy symptoms!

Anyway, today was weird. Phone calls from Bill, who is freaking out over how hard architecture school is. Since I could not help him via the phone, I told him to run to the honors college and see one of the counselors. I also told him how much I love him, and how proud I am of him. I do not know if that helped him or not.

Soon after I got to work, huge storms came boiling out of nowhere and flooded area roads. There was a thirty car accident on one of the Detroit area freeways. When I got out at midnight, hours after the storms had passed, the police had the road running between the hospital and the freeway closed.

Oh, I am tired and run down and ill. It is time to drink some more hot herbal tea and try to sleep. It is hard to sleep with all of the nose/sinus drainage, though.

No comments: