Saturday, September 16, 2006

much needed quiet day at home

Still not feeling too well, but continuing to hang in there. Took a lot of naps today. Spent a quiet day at home with Steven. We did literature, history, and astronomy today. He read and answered questions in the morning, and in the afternoon we watched a couple of hours worth of documentaries, which I was glad to have on hand since I have no voice right now!

We watched the last episode of Ken Burn's The Civil War documentary miniseries. We have both enjoyed that series so much! I will be keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced used copy! I have also added his documentary miniseries Baseball and Jazz to my Netflix queue, though I might not get that far on my list for years!

The second one we watched was a one hour episode of Nova about Sir Issac Newton. That was also enjoyable.

I was glad to get a lot of rest today, as well as drinking lots of hot chocolate and hot tea. I do feel better. Steven seems to be feeling a bit better today, too! He does not like tea, but he enjoyed the hot chocolate as much as I did.

A couple of exciting days at work. The night with all of the flooding, one of my friends had a frightening experience. He was leaving work and taking that road which I saw closed the other night. But it wasn't closed when he drove on it. He could tell that there was water on the road, but didn't realize how much until he was in it- and it was door high on his car. When a car came through in the other direction he said the wake was as high as the roof! And someone in the department next to ours began to be sucked into a huge sterilization machine! A couple of the cleaning guys heard her screams and kicked in the door and rescued her! So a couple of tragedies (people could have drowned on that road, and thank God the cops closed it off) and a bad injury or accidental death by scalding were averted.

Tomorrow will be another greatly needed day off for both myself and Steven. I hope to get a lot of rest again!

I do not know how I could have gotten through this week without Dan. He was a dream husband - he helped with the homeschooling, the cooking, the cleaning, and the laundry. Everytime and anytime I asked him for help, he was there. It was beautiful - I am starting to cry just thinking about how kind he was to me this week!

No comments: