Saturday, September 9, 2006

a good day

After a rough week, it was time for a good day. And it was a rough week. I have been feeling pretty terrible the last few days. I have been missing Bill, and that seems to have stirred up all sorts of other feelings of loss and grief from the past - things I had hoped were in the past, which turned out to still hurt quite a lot. I have been thinking a lot about my father, I have been thinking a lot about a wonderful friend who committed suicide several years ago. I have been thinking a lot about my former friend. All people whom I dearly love, who are completely lost to me in one way or another. Man, have I ever been a mess. Throw in being sick in Muncie, and my period starting earlier this week, only two weeks after the last one - and I have just been an emotional mess. And then work was rough, too, and we were short staffed a lot this week. Sheesh!!

But today was good. Steven got up early and finished his school work before I even woke up. We went out to buy Bill the umbrella he had requested (which I will mail down to him next week) and went out to lunch at Noodles & Co.

Dan came home and took a quick shower, then took Steven to his first meeting at the University of Michigan elite wrestling training camp. He knew some of the other kids there, so all was cool!

And Bill called - he was so tired he was slurring his words, and said he would be spending most of the weekend in his studio again, but it was still wonderful to hear his voice!!!

When Dan got home, we headed out on a wonderful date. We went to a concert with the Detroit Symphony Orchestra, who played superbly, and had a wonderful young guest pianist named Lang Lang, who also played superbly. We got to hear Beethoven's Seventh Symphony. Bliss!

Then we went out to dinner at Fishbones Restaurant in Detroit. We got vegetarian sushi rolls, and I got a big dinner salad. Dan got a cajun shrimp dish. The food was great!

It was a wonderful evening - I am hoping it will help me turn the corner on this emotional mess I am currently experiencing.

No comments: