Wednesday, September 20, 2006

asthma sucks!!!

Finally made it into the doctor this morning (they had no appointments yesterday). As I knew, it is ragweed allergies getting my asthma going, and making me very run down and sick. When I went in, they had me blow into the tube to see how much air I can get out of my lungs. It was 200. They gave me an albuterol nebulizer treatment, and tested my air blowing abilities again, and it was up to 450! So they changed my medicines around - instead of taking claritin I will now be taking allegra and a fluticasone nasal inhaler, as well as a prescription only super-mucus-drying agent. That breathing treatment helped me feel so much better - like a gift from God, I am telling you!

Steven is also sick, though not as sick as I am (thank God, thank God, thank God), but he will still go in to the doctor's office tomorrow morning. I told him he would have no home schooling tomorrow, so he can just rest all day. If he were this sick I would keep him home from school, so I will keep the school out of the home, for just the one day. Poor kid can't lie down to sleep, because when he lies down all of the goo from his sinuses runs down his throat and chokes him (some thing I can relate to completely ). So he is getting very tired and run down these days. He has to use his rescue inhaler every time he plays soccer or wrestles, and that is just not good.

 

Darned ragweed. Darned bad genes that have given us this curse of asthma. Grumble. Grumble. Grumble.

No comments: