Saturday, September 30, 2006

doing better

Steven and I are both starting to do a lot better now. Neither of us has had to use our albuterol rescue inhalers for at least a couple of days now. It has been raining nearly every day, and that might be helping with the ragweed pollen.

Steven had a late night soccer game last night under the lights in the park in the middle of town. He played much better than he has been lately, back to his usual aggressive play making, game breaking self. No inhaler puffing, no hunching over and holding his chest as he runs, rather he did his usual job of taking over the defensive zone and making sure that no one on the offense could pass him. It was good to see him feeling so much better! Man, it was chilly, though. The bugs did not even come out.

My former friend is hanging around a lot these days. I find it to be disturbing, as I cannot trust him after the way he lied to me for nearly a year, when I was trying to work things out with him. What could he possibly want? Why is he trying to talk with me after so many months? It makes no sense. I was so ashamed of being snotty to him recently when he was snotty to me, that the best thing I can think of for dealing with this is to just avoid him and ignore him as best as I can, and that way he cannot hurt me anymore, and I will not be tempted to be mean back to him when he is mean to me. If he wants something from me, he will just have to find a way to be open and honest and just ask for it. Preferably without involving any mutual friends.

No comments: