Sunday, November 13, 2005

Quiet Weekend Days at Home

Day four of a five day weekend. I had a very peaceful and pleasant day at home with the kids.  Dan and Bill went out and raked leaves all day (Steven and I were exempt due to allergies) and Stevie and I worked inside the house. I helped Bill with his admissions essays to the University of Michigan, and his applications to Eastern Michigan University and Western Michigan University are ready to go out tomorrow. That UM application is a massive undertaking and pain in the butt, though. Might take a couple more weeks on that one. Three essays are a bit much! I also baked some pumpkin bread.

I have been spending a lot of time reading the George Martin book, A Feast For Crows. Am very happy to read it, and have been greatly enjoying it. I've been craving it for five years, and am savoring every word in it. I am glad there will probably be only a year to the next book in the series, the twin to this one, A Dance with Dragons.

I have not been able to work much on my NaNoWriMo story this week, but am still happy I was able to start writing again. The seed of  what could be a very good story is there, if I find time to polish it up a bit.

Tomorrow is Bill's birthday.

No comments: