Friday, November 18, 2005

A Friend's Dream Coming True

Tonight was kind of cool because it was the last night at work for awhile for one of my friends. He will be off for ten days, and will be travelling to New York City to see the huge Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. He has dreamed of seeing it all of his life. He loves parades and has been a volunteer some years at the big Thanksgiving Day parade in Detroit. Since he loves food, I made sure to tell him to go to Gray's Papaya for the world's best hot dogs.

It always makes me happy when someone's lifelong dream comes true.  It can be a serious dream, or a silly dream like most of mine. With everyone so crazily busy in life these days, it seems that most people do not take the time for their dreams, and they do not tend them, and so the dreams do not come true. I am happy my friend will be at his parade!!

No comments: