Monday, November 21, 2005

bird feeders; holiday plans

I have all of the bird feeders up and running now. Our backyard is filled with cute little chickadees, and our front yard has been taken over by a big flock of gold finches again. The cats adore watching all of these quick and darty little birds through the windows. Its definately a form of high entertainment for them. They sit on the lambswool lined shelves under the windows and watch the little birds and make interesting "ick ick" sounds at the birds all day. I love the bright yellow and black finches. They are beautiful little birds. Last winter at any given time we would have between 12-14 of them around our front porch. When a friend came over he asked me how we got a flock of parakeets in our yard.

I talked to Dan about Thanksgiving again this morning. Because his business has been very busy lately, he doesn't want to do anything for the holiday, even something as simple as going out to breakfast. He says he just doesn't have the time or energy to deal with it. Last night I pointed out that this might be the last Thanksgiving we will have with everyone living under the same roof and that I very much want to do something. This morning I think I have gotten him to agree to a turkey breast (rather than an entire turkey) and traditional side dishes prepared here at home. So hopefully this will take place. It doesn't help that I will be working that night, so we would have to start cooking in the morning to have everything done before I would have to leave for work. I just hope we do something, as it might be the last Thanksgiving we celebrate with Bill living here full time.

No comments: