Saturday, November 19, 2005

more college stuff

We finally got Bill's ACT scores back today. He did well, scoring a composite of 30. That will get him into most of the colleges on his short list (as usual the University of Michigan is still a question) and even get him very nice scholarships at some of them.  I am very proud of him, as always. It always amazes me that I contributed to the formation of such a wonderful person!

Got the new stereo sytem set up in my bedroom tonight. I am going to go through all of my CD wallets tomorrow and consolidate all of the Mahler, Bach, and Beethoven music I have. After I finish my Mahler Symphony Quest (since its been awhile, I am going to start right back at the fantastical fireworks of the First Symphony) I think I will start on a Beethoven Symphony Quest. While I love his Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, and Ninth I have never heard some of the others. It is time.

Dan and I went out to dinner tonight, and to the bookstore. We picked up Bill a couple of books to help him get going on his admission essays. We also picked up a couple of books to help him get ready for all of his AP tests. The last year in high school takes a lot of time and work if your child is going to college!

It is less than a week to Thanksgiving, and we will probably be going to a brunch this year, since I am working that holiday. Cooking a big dinner will be too much, and we will be busy on Friday getting things ready for a big wrestling tournament our club is hosting, and busy all day on Saturday at the tournament. So I will have to check out the newspaper and make some reservations. Usually that's the weekend we start putting up the Christmas tree and decorations, too, and I do not know when we will have time this year.

I also have to start my holiday shopping soon. I know I can only get one particular gift for Bill through the internet...need to get going on that tomorrow...

No comments: