Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Well, with spring comes the pollen, and with pollen comes the allergies, and with allergies comes the not-feeling-so-great. So the last couple of weeks now, I've been getting sinus headaches, sniffles, and have been running a low grade fever (which happens, for God only knows what reason, whenever my allergies really get bad). So I've been spending a lot of time doing quiet indoor things like reading and listening to music.

But after such a long winter, it is too difficult to try to stay inside on warm, sunny days. So I've been taking the dog for walks and sitting outside looking at the flowers. And then I feel sicker.

It's sort of an ugly circle. And claritin doesn't even seem to touch the allergies anymore, though it really helped a few years ago when I started taking it. Benadryl helps, but it makes me too sleepy to be able to work.

I need to move to New Mexico.

No comments: