Saturday, April 30, 2005

Spending a quiet weekend at home doing housework, and boxing up little kids' videos to send out to my friends in New Mexico, who are in the process of adopting two little brothers (a baby and a toddler). They are things like Whinnie the Pooh, that my children have long since outgrown, and that the two little ones might really enjoy. I have a bunch of sandbox toys and the like as well, which I will mail out there as soon as I gather up some more boxes.

The bulbs in the backyard, which I planted last fall where the grass meets the woods, are are in full bloom now. Lovely daffodills, and pastel yellow Dutch hyacinths, along with pretty blue grape hyacinths. Looks like the deer ate the tulips, though. The grass is also filled with little purple violets, and they are such pretty little things. I shall have to plant more bulbs back there next fall, as they are so pretty.

I am thinking of planting a couple of blueberry bushes. Wouldn't it be fantastic to pick fresh blueberries and throw them right into pancakes, not to mention on top of ice cream? I think I will run to the  lumberyard/superstore as soon as the latest load of laundry is done, and see what I can find. It's also about the right time to plant snow pea seeds, one of my favorite garden treats. They never make it into a stir fry -- Steven and I eat them right off of the vines.

No comments: