Saturday, April 2, 2005

A cold, windy, and cloudy Saturday, more like what we usually see in early March than early April. We just got back from Dan's niece's third birthday party. She is such a cute little kid, and it was a hoot watching the tiny little kids trying to tumble (the party was held at Gym America, a gymnastics training facility).

I had forgotten how unpleasant it is to have split up days off. Usually I feel worn to the bone on Friday (my first day off), but have more energy on Saturday (my second day off). This week I was tired on Thursday, and tired again today. I'm glad I will back to my usual schedule next week.

I have been starting my great Harry Potter reread, as the sixth book will be coming out this summer. No one could find a copy of the third book, though, so I started reading Wicked, the novel that the Broadway play is based on. I was expecting (and wanting) something light and fun, but this is neither. I've only read a few chapters, but am already ready to put it to the side, in favor of something that really is light and fun.

No comments: