Thursday, November 11, 2004

I am so proud of my children. I am in the process of transferring all of the money from my father's estate to them. This will give them both somewhere in the ballpark of $50,000 between the money I have already set aside for them, and my father's money. They talked it over between themselves (not to me or their dad, though, which cracks me up! :lol ) and already have it all planned out. If they go to their first choice school, University of Michigan Engineering School and or Architecture/Art School, the whole amount will probably be swallowed and then some. But if they are not admitted to UM, they both plan on going to the top ranked school of education at Eastern Michigan University, which should leave at least some money over. They also both plan on staying here at home and commuting into college to save money. They hope that there will be enough money left to use as house downpayments when they are done with school! At times like this, I think that maybe I am doing something right when it comes to parenthood! :winkgrin

No comments: