Friday, November 5, 2004

Bill is out of his cast and can actually walk a bit. It turns out that the cast was rubbing against the hurt area of his ankle and was actually making things worse. He will spend most of the daily wrestling practices rehabbing in the swimming pool, which is cool, because he likes the water. icon_smile.gif

Steven's latest nasty infected place started draining this morning, which greatly lessened his pain, and allowed him to walk again, though with a limp. He doesn't have to go back to the doctor until next week, which is a good sign. icon_smile.gif

I sat down on my bed to pull on a pair of socks this afternoon and, much to my surprise, woke up 2 1/2 hours later. icon_eek.gif But I, too feel much better now.
icon_lol.gif

Dan came home early -- on the two nights a week I am home he has been coming home at 9 or 10 at night regularly. Today he came home when it was still light out. He offered to help me run errands, as the kids were both feeling better and able to move on their own. So we ran up to Target and bought things for some care package boxes some of us at work are contributing to for some active duty soldiers over in Iraq. I got silly toys like super balls and yoyos and those fake tatoos. Also got some useful things like baby wipes. We then went to the pharmacy to pick up his blood pressure medicine, to Home Depot to pick up some stuff for him to work on the downstairs bathroom floor, which has been a mess ever since the old hot water heater died and leaked everywhere. We then went to the warehouse club to buy paper plates and cups and other such supplies for the high school soccer banquet next week (that was our assigned task). We also picked up some groceries. Then he surprised me by pulling into my favorite diner and got me some dinner. I fell to like a starving person. He asked me when I last had a real meal and I couldn't remember, but I think it was not this week, but last week at work. I've been eating things like a handful of crackers here and there...I've been cooking plenty of hot mealsfor the kids, and making sure that they have plenty of hot, healthy food to eat and water and juice to drink, but I guess, from not eating and not sleeping myself, that I have become a bit of a mess myself.

No comments: