Saturday, February 16, 2008

Valentine's Week

This was a busy week...

On Thursday Valentine's Day happened.

Now, last year I was much too sick and hurt to celebrate, and Dan and I both feel bad about that.

This year, despite Dan and I working opposite shifts, we made sure to spend time together.

We went out to a very good lunch at the Brecon Grill in Saline, then had an appointment with a financial planner.  After I got to work, Dan had a teddy bear and some skin lotion and candy delivered there. That was very sweet of him!

lunch:

mild chili made with bison meat

salad garnished with all sorts of dried fruits grown in Michigan

chicken quesadillas

On Friday he took the afternoon off, and we went to my work for the service recognition ceremony. I got my twenty year pin. Then we went tea at Panera. We then went to downtown Ann Arbor and ate a wonderful dinner at a great Indian restaurant that we both love, the Raja Rani.

dinner:

drinks: strawberries and yogurt

appetizers: lamb samosas

crisped bread with various dips

bread: sort of like pita with spicy vegetables baked inside

entrees:

rice with vegetables

cheese cubes in a flavorful but not hot sauce

curried shrimp

dessert:

vanilla ice cream

We then walked to the big Borders store downtown. It is the flagship store of the chain, and a very well run and stocked store, indeed!

All day I had not been feeling very well, and it really hit me at the store. While I normally love Borders as much as a hog loves feeding time, I sat listlessly. When Dan asked me what was wrong, I showed him my finger. It is the same finger that was infected so badly last October. While it is not weeping puss like it was last fall, it is very swollen and discolored. And it hurts to bend it. **SIGH**

We then walked to the Michigan League to see a production of Shakespeare's As You Like It. Now, that is one of my favorite Shakespearean comedies, but my heart wasn't in it last night. I asked to leave at intermission. This is the first time in my life that either Dan or I can remember me wanting to leave a play early. But I just wasn't feeling well. Dan did not mind, as it turns out he ate too much at dinner, and his tummy was upset as a result! So he wasn't feeling well, either!

Today I have spent the day quietly at home, doing laundry and housework and cruising the internet. The finger is nearly black colored on the palm side from the knuckle to the tip, and I have been soaking it in Epsom salts to get the swelling down. I plan on calling the doctor first thing on Monday.

This is a holiday weekend, but I am schedule to work on Sunday and Monday. Given that the infection might be coming back, I do wish I had taken a long weekend...

...and there is supposed to be an ice storm tomorrow as some frosting on the unhappy cake.

 

No comments: