Friday, February 22, 2008

surpises; three day weekend

Got some surprises today.

The weather forecast was all wrong again. They have really been blowing it a lot all winter long - even more than usual. Tonight we were supposed to have a chance of scattered snow showers. Well, we are getting some accumulation, and it has been snowing slowly but steadily for hours. And since it was not forecast, no road crews are out tonight. People will have an ugly surprise for  their morning commute! Since I work second shift, I could drive slowly home on the country roads...

When I got home, another surprise! Yes -this is another in addition to the piles of dog poop all over  (though dog poop is never really a surprise anymore, but rather a horrible daily task as the dog gets more and more infirm in his old age) - Bill's truck is here!

I think he must have come home for the weekend for his father's birthday on Saturday. They are all asleep, so I cannot ask.

Even though he is probably skipping classes tomorrow, I am glad he drove home tonight rather than tomorrow. Tomorrow northern Indiana and Ohio are supposed to be getting a nasty ice storm...and I am glad he will not be trying to drive home through that!!

It is always great to see Bill!!!!

I love my children. It is good to share life with them.

And a three day weekend starting tomorrow! And Dan's birthday! I am looking forward to everything over the next three days (other than dog messes, that is).

It has reached the time where I am sick of winter, though, with another month or so to go...I am ready for green grass and flowers and Tigers baseball!!!!

No comments: