Monday, February 18, 2008

car trouble last week

I had forgotten to talk about the car trouble last week.

Dan had borrowed my Jeep one morning, and came back asking how long the engine malfunction light had been on. Well, of course, it had not been on previously at all.

I dropped the Jeep off at the dealer at midnight that night after work, and Dan met me there and brought me home.

They did the work (to the tune of around $1000) the next day. Dan was supposed to pick me up at midnight to take me back to the dealer so I could pick up the Jeep and get home. But the two inches of snow we were supposed to get turned into a whole lot more than that, with a good layer of ice under the snow. Man, was that ever a nightmare drive home...only time I've ever slipped around in four wheel drive.

Today we woke up to life in a skating rink. There had been an ice storm during the night. Miraculously, we did not lose our power. Later in the day it got warmer and rained, so the ice melted. I got to work on wet, but not slippery, roads. It is a holiday weekend Sunday, so it was very quiet. I took some vacation time and came home early to spend time alone with Dan (Bill is at school, and Steven at a friend's house for the night, so we have the house to ourselves). We ate dinner, and had some quality private time together. In fact, I need to go upstairs for some more cuddling right now.

I can hear the wind roaring...

No comments: