Sunday, February 3, 2008

still a bit down

It is a bit over four years since my father passed away. Three years since things got bad with Mr. Grinch and nearly two years since I tried to permanently rid my life of him and his lying lies. I always seem to get down at about this time of year. About this time last year I blew out my knee and got horribly sick for over a month. At least this year I am healthy. I wonder if I am going to feel down about this time of year every year for the rest of my life? Will grief for my father and for a lost friend (even if it did turn out he was never really my friend at all) ever get better?

There was a snowstorm on Friday so Steven and I had a Band of Brothers marathon. Today we had an extended edition Lord of the Rings marathon.

Work has been very busy, as it often is in the winter time.

I have been keeping myself very busy cataloguing my books at www.librarything.com and I think I have about half of the books entered. I might not get to some of them until next time bill is home with his laptop. That will make life a lot easier to type in the ones in my bedroom, for example. But having this to do takes my mind off of things, like my father's death. It is always better for me to stay busy than to brood and be all emo.

To see my book catalog, you can go to http://www.librarything.com/catalog/krobinett

No comments: