Wednesday, February 6, 2008

an eventful drive home

I know this is whining, especially in the face of the terrible tornadoes in the south - but last night's drive home sucked.

We had the snow melt a couple of days ago, then rain, then torrential rain most of the night.

One of the roads, Huron Parkway, was so flooded with water so deep that I only made it through because I drive a high clearance vehicle. Even then the Jeep did lose contact with the pavement and floated for a few terrifying seconds. It was dark and raining, and you could not see what was coming until suddenly you were in a foot of water.

I called the Ann Arbor police on my cell phone and told then to get a squad car out there to put down some warning flares or barricades before someone got killed. I hope they did that!

We are currently having an ice storm. I hope the power stays on, as it is starting to get really cold out there. And later we are supposed to get a couple of inches of snow.

Dan was sick when I got home last night. I am not feeling the greatest right now, either. I will try to make it in to work tonight, though. heaven knows how many people will be able to make it in for either afternoons or midnights tonight on the icy roads.

No comments: