Wednesday, November 28, 2007

getting caught up

Thanksgiving this year was a nice family day. Dinner was great, with plenty to eat for everyone - and the cats loved getting pieces of (cooked) turkey skin. Dan and I both came down with being sick that day, so we were pretty quiet, but still had a great day.

Dan still has a terrible cold. Mine is better, though I still do not have much energy to get stuff done. All I feel like doing is curling up in a ball and sleeping. I read a lot of short mystery books, which I will blog about later.

Last Saturday, Steven had the first wrestling tournament of the season. It was an organizational tournament rather than his first offical high school one (which will be this coming Saturday up in Birch Run). He did fine - only lost one match, and that to a state championship tournament qualifier from last year. He even beat a senior and a junior, which is pretty good for an incoming freshman!

Bill is back at school, and we, of course, miss our big guy!

Steven's first official wrestling meet as a high school student is tonight in Melvindale. of course, I must work instead of watching him, and that has me cranky as h*ll. I hope that Dan is up to driving out there and watching him!

I had to change my health care insurance -  MCARE, the HMO I have had for more than twenty years is no more. That has been a pain in the butt to figure out. I am also trying to figure out if I should set up a flexible medical spending account to pay the copays and for over the counter medications.

I just found out that a friend is getting divorced after nine years of marriage, and that has made me really sad, too.

At least I know what I am going to get everyone for Christmas (other than Dan and the kids). I just need to get my act in gear and take care of it!

No comments: