Thursday, November 29, 2007

first tri-meet

When I was eating dinner at work last night, someone literally came running back to the break room to tell me that my husband was on the phone, and that he sounded really weird, and something might be wrong. Well, it was Dan, and he was all hyper because he had taken a bunch of sudafed for his cold. So he did sound very weird, but luckily nothing was wrong. He was calling to tell me about Steven's first official high school matches. He wrestled up a weight class, and lost to a senior from Melvindale, then beat the other kid from Allen Park. So he did very well for a freshman. And they changed the schedule so the first tournament will be at Hudson rather than Birch Run. We are trying to figure out a way to go, given the situation with the incontinent elderly dog.

I had to cancel our summer vacation. I had to cancel my trip down to Indiana for a long weekend to visit my older son on his birthday. I really do not want to miss my younger son's first high school tournament, too, especially since it is less than two hours away! We might just go, figuring on cleaning up a huge mess when we get home...

One more night of work this week, thank God.

Dan is starting to feel a little better, though he says that his chest feels tight and hurts. I am still sort of feeling worn out, and hope to get some good extra sleep tomorrow.

Tomorrow I hope to get some Christmas presents ready to mail out, and order the others on the internet. That wll be my project for the day.

Our big gift this year will be a new computer for the entire family.

No comments: