Saturday, June 2, 2007

long bad day

Dan pulled an all nighter at work last night. He and his buddy were trying to finish putting in the floor at that restaurant in Ann Arbor. When he got home around 6 AM he was tired and grouchy, and woke me up, and his snoring kept me up.

I took Bill to the dentist this morning for the wisdom teeth extraction, which seemed to go well, other than him being very clingy after coming out of the anesthesia. We're talking clingy to the point where he did not want me to go out and pull the Jeep up to the door so he would not have to walk very far clingy.

After we left I drove to the Steak and Shake so he could have a shake, and then to the grocery store to get his prescriptions filled. The poor kid's mouth was so numb as much milk shake went down the front of his shirt as went down his throat. When he realized that, he nearly started crying.

I got him home, and Steven and I settled him down on the couch, and made sure he got a dose of the narcotic and the antibiotic. And then we watched movies - The Illusionist was very good, and the first season of Meerkat Manor on DVD.

The poor kid was confused and in pain all day long, and it nearly killed me to see him like that.

Then Dan came home from work and was very tired and very grouchy, and now he is snoring so badly I cannot stand to be in the same room as he is.

And the Tigers lost - their closer blew a four run lead and lost the game in the bottom of the ninth inning.

What a freaking rotten day!

Hopefully tomorrow will be a lot better. I might sleep on the couch, so that I can actually get some sleep. That would help my outlook on life significantly. If Dan gets a good night of sleep, his attitude should improve 100%.

And with the anesthesia out of his system, hopefully Bill will also feel a lot better!

And who knows? Maybe the Tigers can get things back on track! Miracles happen!

 

No comments: