Friday, June 1, 2007

wisdom teeth in the morning

Well, Bill gets his wisdom teeth out in the morning.

I hope he has a better time of it than I did when I got mine out. I got a nasty infection, which led to them stitching some tubing into my cheek for the pus to drain out (it went into the tube and then down my throat). I had to take antibiotics for a long time, and ended up having to have two additional minor outpatient operations to take care of things (draining the infection and putting in the tubing, followed later by having the tubing taken out). And I was an eighteen year old college student, away from home and with no family to help me at all - Dan was the only one to help me (he was my boyfriend way back then).

I do not want anything like that happening to him!

Though he will be at home with a loving family pampering him and taking care of him for three entire days after the operation (I will be with him on Friday and Saturday and Dan is taking the day off to be with him on Sunday). So that is way better than what I had right there...

I think I am dreading this more than he is.

But I am ready. The house is well stocked with easy to eat items such as pudding and jello and soup, and I have a stack of movies on hand. I will even have the first season of Meerkat Manor delivered from Netflix tomorrow.

Man, I hate the thought of my son being in pain...

No comments: