Wednesday, December 24, 2008

wintertime is here

Wow. What a lot of crazy winter weather we have had the past week or so. Last winter had the most snow in the recorded history of Ann Arbor, and this winter seems to be taking up right where last winter left off.

We had a small storm, a big storm with about 8-10 inches of snow last Friday, a couple of one inchers, and then today we had a few inches and are now having freezing rain on top of that. The roads were terrible driving home from work tonight. It took me over an hour and there were people in ditches.

I am really tense from the drive and hope I can fall asleep.

I actually would not mind the snow as long as I did not have to drive in it. But, of course, since I am one of the lucky ones (and I mean that sincerely) and have a job, I do have to drive in it. Thank God for four wheel drive on nights like this!

I hope this does not mess up the holiday travel plans for people, and that the roads will be better tomorrow for Christmas Eve.

I have been very tired, as usual. It so often seems that literally I only have just enough energy to make it through work, and nothing left for home or personal time (I always try to make time for Dan and the kids, but the housework really goes to hell as a result).

I really hope next month when they do all of those thyroid tests, they can figure out what exactly is wrong with me, so I can have more energy and feel better.

Steven has been going regularly to the chiropractor. His headaches are better, but he is also out of school (his holiday break came a day early with the big snow storm last Friday) and that might help, too. I took him into the chiropractor today on the bad roads (snow only at that point) and he did not even need an adjustment. We stopped off at the bakery in Saline on the way home and got cookies. We both really enjoyed that!

Dan got the water heater fixed, and being able to take hot showers and wash my hair with hot water has been a true blessing.

Tonight I took my quesadilla maker into work with a bunch of tortillas, bags of shredded cheese, and cans of refried beans and diced green chiles and sliced jalpenos. For my holiday gift to my coworkers I provided the ways and materials for a delicious hot dinner. They all seemed to really enjoy it.

I get to work Christmas Eve, Christmas, and the night of New Year's Eve this year. At least I have a job!

No comments: