Sunday, December 28, 2008

anniversary

Dan and I had our twentythird wedding anniversary yesterday.

Neither one of us was feeling particularly well - he had a nasty cold, and I was exhausted (as I so often am due to the problem with my thyroid), so we scrapped our plans to spend the day in Frankenmuth.

Instead we went to breakfast at IHOP (International House of Pancakes), then went shopping for furniture (our living room furniture is well over twenty years old, and is so worn out that the frames are poking holes in the walls), then went to an early dinner/late lunch at a really nice restaurant in Ann Arbor called Mediterraneo, which has fusion food from all of the countries that border that particular sea.

We got a reclining chair, reclining sofa, and reclining love seat, all from La-Z-Boy, which is made in an adjoining county. So we helped our community with our purchase. The furniture is of high quality and has great lower back support. All three pieces are a deep chocolate brown. We have been saving our money, knowing we needed furniture, so we bought them in cash. They were very cheap, as they were on deep sale due to the terrible economy. They should be delivered in late January.

Today I picked up Dan's nasty cold, and my head is all stuffed up. I called in sick to work and have been in bed reading most of the day. Hot tea has helped, as has Mexican hot chocolate. The hot beverages seem to be helping to break up the goo in my sinuses.

No comments: