Friday, July 15, 2005

Oh, I am glad this work week is over. I have a million errands to run tomorrow, but at least I don't have to go to work.  Steven's trumpet is done being cleaned and serviced, and Bill's truck is finally repaired, and I have to run get cat litter (I forgot it at the store the other day).  And then there's the bank, and the post office, and contacting the newspaper to put a vacation hold on...

Dan fixed both the dryer and the dishwasher today. The dishwasher was especially vexing. It died with a full load of very nasty dirty pots and pans and dishes. A couple of days ago it started making the whole kitchen small of farts. I am very glad it is fixed! And that the bad smell is gone!

My friend in Albuquerque was sort of mugged today when he was putting the baby in his car. He wasn't robbed, but he was punched in the head and knocked out for a brief time. This happened in a hospital parking lot after the baby had an appointment. What kind of a freak punches someone in the head when they are taking care of a tiny baby? The police are hoping the security cameras caught it so they can try to track down the guy who did it. I will be calling my friend tomorrow to check on him and make sure he is OK.

No comments: