Thursday, March 17, 2005

 Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

About a week after I threw off that last cold, I have somehow picked up another one, which, of course, is getting my asthma going again. Yuck! I hope spring comes soon, so people aren't so cooped up indoors sneezing on each other and spreading germs!

Tomorrow I will go get the oil changed in the Jeep, and meet Dan for lunch at our favorite Chinese restauarant.  I am hoping that the hot tea and hot food will help clear my sinusus.

I have been reading a book about the great voyage of Magellan and his men. What a fantastic adventure they embarked on, especially considering the wild superstitions widely believed in their time! They did not know if they would eventually reach the Spice Islands, or if they would sail off the edge of the world! And always on that voyage, besides the danger of the oceans, the greatest foe they faced always seemed to be themselves. Mutiny after mutiny -- all sorts of tension coming from having a Portugese leader, Spanish subordinates, and a multi-national crew. It was an accomplishment beyond our modern measure...

No comments: