Thursday, February 17, 2005

Well, school was not cancelled yesterday and so I did not get to have my kids home with me. But that's OK, as I got a lot of housework done, and if they had been home I would have spent time with them instead. They come before having a clean house...but nontheless, the house does need to be occasionally cleaned...

Dan came home midafternoon and we drove to Trenton to watch the middle school wrestlimg meet. It's been the first time I could ever watch my younger son wrestle for the school team. He wrestled very well, too, beating an older, heavier kid in short order and in a dominating fashion. He was very excited that I was able to come, and he got special permission to ride home with me instead of on the bus. I took him to Panerra Bread for dinner, then we went to the Target in Woodhaven to get him a new backpack, as his old one had ripped out in the bottom. He was very pleased by both of those stops.

Right now I would have been on the train for about an hour, if I had been going to New York. But I think the kids are much happier that I am here and that they can see me for a few days. Working the goofy hours that I do, I can usually only see them for three days a week when they are in school, and sometimes I think that they miss me quite a bit. I know that I miss them!!!

No comments: