Monday, February 14, 2005

Am now down to two nights of work before I get my break. I can't wait! I have a stack of dvd's I am hoping to watch, and I want to just relax with the kids, and do things (like cooking meals and eating dinner with my family) that many people get to take for granted.

The weekend was a bit different. On Friday I just couldn't seem to get out of bed. I thought I was probably just worn out from work, but when Dan came home, he realized that I was burning up with a fever. So Friday was spent mostly in bed taking tylenol and drinking lots of cold water.

On Saturday we went back down to Frenchtown Township for the high school league championships. Bill didn't medal, but I am still very proud of him. After the tournament we ate dinner at Red Lobster in Monroe, which was very welcome to all of us.

Last night I worked. While I was at work there was a huge ice storm, followed by heavy rain. Driving home was interesting...

As usual, I will not even see Dan today on Valentine's Day. Well, I saw him for a few minutes at 6AM, but I was so sleepy, I'm pretty sure that doesn't count. :lol

When I got home from work last night, there were little sweetheart roses, a card, and a box of chocolates waiting for me. When he gets home from work tonight, there will be a coffee table book on Frank Lloyd Wright architecture, some chocolate, and a card waiting for him.

As I had said, we had a bad ice storm last night, and I got stuck in the driveway when I got home from work in the middle of the night. Dan had to come out and rescue me. Our driveway has a hill, and I got stuck in my son's little truck halfway up the hill. (I drove Bill's truck to work last night because Dan had needed my Jeep yesterday to go to Bedford for a little kids' wrestling tournament). Even with the parking brake on, whenever I took my foot off of the brake pedal, I started sliding back down the hill. So I called Dan on my cell phone, and he came out and stabilized the truck (cat litter on the ice worked wonders :lol ) and helped me walk inside, as it was very slippery. Then he went back out and got the truck down to the bottom of the driveway so it wouldn't go down by itself in the middle of the night. He said that backing down in reverse didn't work, as it was too fast and uncontrolled and he ended up in some bushes. So he had to try to come back up as far as possible, then go backwards in drive, as that was much more controlled. :faint2

The kids didn't have school today because of the icy roads. So I have spent a nice day at home with them. I cooked up a big lunch of macaroni and cheese, and ran to the bakery and got a big cherry pie for them for a Valentine's Day treat.

No comments: