Saturday, December 11, 2004

The last couple of days have been nuts.  Yesterday I ran around in the cold rain all day long doing/attempting to do errands. After picking up Billy at wrestling practice, we headed to Ypsilanti for my work holiday dinner at a restaurant called Memphis Smokehouse Blues. It was a nice restaurant, and the food was very good, so my supervisor picked a good place for the dinner.  After eating, I had to run around some more in order to complete the errands I did not complete earlier in the day. Never did get to the grocery store.

Today Bill had to be at the high school at 5:30AM in order to go to today's tournament, which was way up in the Saginaw area. The rest of us left the house sometime between 8 and 9AM (Billy drove himself and his dad to school, Dan drove my Jeep home). We watched the rest of the tournament. Bill did very well, went 4-1 on the day, losing only one match and that by one point (he is now 7-3 for the season). And our team won!!!!

After the tournament was over, we went to nearby Frankenmuth to visit the cheese store to buy the delicious chocolate cheese. We also went to a candy store and bought fudge and taffies and caramel corn.This was torture to Steven, who had not eaten since breakfast, and who did not want to eat because he had to weigh in for tomorrow's tournament.

And that was our next stop -- Haslett, in the Lansing area, so Steven could weigh-in tonight for tomorrow's Border Wars tournament. After that, we ate dinner at the Chili's in Okemos, then drove home.

And, of course, I've been doing housework nonstop since we got home. I had never gotten caught up from when Steven was sick, and got nothing done this week because I had a really bad cold. But tonight I excavated the iron so I can iron some shirts tomorrow, worked on washing/drying/sorting laundry for a long time, and you can see the bottom of the sink now!! (No longer filled with dirty dishes and pots).

It will be almost restfull to get back to work tomorrow night!

No comments: