Friday, December 3, 2004

It was a very nice five day weekend with my family. We actually got to eat a lot of meals together, and I was able to both bake and cook, neither of which I bother doing when I am by myself. Thanksgiving itself was a glorious warm and sunny day. On the Sunday we went to Frankenmuth, which was very charming.

In the week since, wrestling season started. That means I will see even less (much less, actually) of my family than I usually do. Both kids have tournaments tomorrow in different towns. I will try to get down to see Bill in Blissfield. Steven will be at Border Wars in Dundee.

I have been reading, and finally finished The Dark Tower series by Stephen King. It has some problems (the first book, The Gunslinger was a very difficult read, with a cold and violent protagonist --- books 5,6, & 7 introduced all sorts of cross over characters and situations from other King novels, most of which I had not read). But it was also a great piece of story telling and I am very glad that I read it.  

No comments: