Friday, December 31, 2004

Finished out the work week tonight , and since I have my usual Friday and Saturday off, and the holiday is on Saturday, I even got paid double time, which is always nice.

I am feeling funny today and tonight after my big decisions yesterday. I keep crying, but not from sorrow or stress -- its from relief, of all things. I feel as if a mountain has been lifted off of my shoulders. I guess the catharsis continues, and  a year and more of trouble and pain is leaving me now...

Have been busy reading, as I have a touch of that weird bug that Dan and Billy had that made their joints swell up and hurt. It has hit me from just above the elbows down into my fingers. Both of the guys told me the best thing to do was rest, so that's what I've been doing, even though it even hurts to hold a book (or to type for that matter). Work has been very hard this week, as I work so much with my hands. But they both had it for about a week, and this started on Monday for me, so should clear up very early in the new year.

Anyway, I have read two books in one of my favorite mystery series by Tony Hillerman, set out on the Navajo reservation in the Southwest. I am trying to catch up with that series, so have read two of the later books, The Wailing Wind, and The Sinister Pig. I'll probably get started on the latest book, Skeleton Man sometime in the next two days. I have also been working on a fantasy series by Tamora Pierce. The series is called Protector of the Small, and I am currently on the fourth book, Lady Knight. It is all meant for teenage girls, but I will admit to enjoying it. It tells the story of a girl who decides to take up training as a knight in a magical kingdom. She works hard, has strong ideals and a sense of justice, and feels a strong need to serve as a champion for the weak and undefended.

Tomorrow is New Year's Eve. Dan offered to go out, but I told him that I wanted to stay home and cook a good dinner, and maybe watch a movie and do nothing other than relax.

No comments: