Friday, July 30, 2004

I've been spending a nice day with the kids. :)   Went out to lunch, then to the toy store to buy birthday presents for Steven's best friend, then to the book store, then picked up Steven's friend for an afternoon visit. Then came Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

Tonight will be taking the friend home, then taking Bill (or letting him take me) to his soccer practice (was Sunday through Thursday, now I think it might be gearing up to six days a week), then housework and bill paying. Tomorrow afternoon I will take Steven to his friend's birthday party, and then I might sneak out to Chelsea for a little while and go to a party myself...

We still have fireworks from Boomland that we haven't exploded yet. We were going to set them off tonight, but it looks like it will be raining... Maybe next Friday instead...

I also need to make plans to sneak away and see a play at the Michigan Shakespeare Festival, though maybe the kids will be willing to come out with me...(they really enjoyed going there last year and seeing Taming of the Shrew). This year they are showing The Merry Wives of Windsor and Much Ado About Nothing, two plays I have not seen on stage...

Listening to some Frank Sinatra this afternoon:

Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town
Chicago, Chicago, I will show you around - I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago
Chicago, the town that Billy Sunday couldn't shut down

On State Street, that great street, I just want to say
They do things they don't do on Broadway
They have the time, the time of their life
I saw a man, he danced with his wife
In Chicago, Chicago, my home town

Chicago, Chicago, that toddlin' town
Chicago, Chicago, I'll show you around - I love it
Bet your bottom dollar you'll lose the blues in Chicago
Chicago, the town that Billy Sunday could not shut down

On State Street, that great street, I just want to say
They do things that they never do on Broadway - hey
They have the time, the time of their life
I saw a man, and he danced with his wife
In Chicago, Chicago, Chicago, that's my home town

No comments: