Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Maybe I am starting to get used to eastern time again, as today I am finally a bit less tired. Work is killing me this week, but I am managing somehow. Last night I took in some of the goodies I had picked up in New Mexico ( pistachios with chili flavor and pinyon nuts) and they were a big hit.

Day Four

Got up early and headed to the bus station with John to pick up Caamora. Then everyone met at this great bakery that Danlo told us about called the Flying Star. Besides Caam, our party was also expanded by Romeo and by Soulquest and two of her friends. The food was great, and Highdrake certainly made a friend of my little son when he shared all of his pies and pastries with him.:lol

After breakfast some of us got together with Danlo, the best tour guide in the world, to see a bit of Albuquerque and visit the Old Town area. We wandered around, checking out all of the pretty little gift stores and restaurants. It was hot to us Midwesterners, so John and I snuck off for a bit and got huge glasses of ice cold lemonaid. We got a great laugh from the name brands of some of the hot sauces for sale in the place where we got our drinks, but I can't repeat most of them in a family oriented forum. ;)

We all gathered at Danlo and Lady Tam's house for tea. Oh, Tam's cooking is to die for!:ooohmy And she and Danlo are wonderful, warm hosts.:ooohmy

Then dinner with Donaldson. He is a great public speaker, and gave us fascinating answers.:D

One bad thing did happen today. The food at the restaurant was very good, but also very spicy to people who are not used to it. Bill couldn't stop eating because the food was so good, even though it was burning his stomach. So he started feeling sick. I remembered that John had make the mistake for going out forsliders (White Castle burgers) in St. Louis and that he had bought some Tums...so I asked if they were in his car. They were, and we headed out to get them. But it had been raining and therefore slippery in the parking lot, and my dress shoes don't have much grip on the bottom, so down I went and ripped up my leg. I did my best to hide it, as I didn't want to upset anyone, but man, did that hurt.

A small price to pay, though, for the dinner and interview with one of the greatest writers in the world!:ooohmy

No comments: